Links? We got ’em. If you see something out there that we should link to in the next go-round, drop us a comment.
- Video interview with BlogHer’s techies — GF blogger Liz Henry and others speak about the Geek Lab they ran at the recent BlogHer conference.
- The “Where are all the women?” question, this time in open source by Laura Scott. A good summary of issues and blogger responses brought up by the OSCON keynote.
- Little Things reviews and quotes from JAMES TIPTREE, JR. The Double Life of Alice B. Sheldon by Julie Phillips
- Amanda Marcotte of Pandagon discusses the Epic battle of Nice GuysÂ® vs. common sense at Penny Arcade mentioned briefly in comments here.
- Just over a year since the Fat Princess video game was released and the resulting feminist criticism of it garnered news all over the place, there’s a new post on Shakesville: A Fat Princess Speaks.
- Sony joins Dell in competition for the most idiotic marketing of tech gadgets to women: Lilac PSPs (via MeFi.)
- Worldcon and Writercon were both last weekend, and both had certain amounts of Fail in the race, gender, ability, and goddamn-near-everything-else arenas. coffeeandink has a good link roundup to start reading about what happened.
- sheafrotherdon posts OH EVERYONE EVERYWHERE NO on the “Stargate: Universe” (aka “Stargate: 90210″) casting call for a quadriplegic female scientist.