- Dr. Susan Niebur has kindly posted a preprint of her published article on the underrepresentation of female planetary scientists in NASA mission teams (which a commenter submitted as a linkspam candidate earlier).
- Deborah discusses models of developing for accessibility that don’t work well because they exclude those who use accessibility features from the discussion.
- Sarah Stokely wonders if we really want to know what’s keeping women out of tech.
- Is the Nude London Tech Calendar a good idea? If you have to ask…
- Tech isn’t the only industry that snubs women when it’s awards time. So does publishing.
- A profile of Google’s Marissa Mayer in Glamour. Those allergic to highly-posed and-Photoshopped photography might not want to click.
- Why should you attend Girls in Tech’s Catalyst Conference?
- Because it sometimes needs repeating: a guide for the awkward ones.
- Women in Victoria, Australia, might be interested in the Women’s Leadership Grants, providing funding for “projects and activities that develop capacity and increase opportunities for women to participate in leadership roles.” Applications close at the end of November.
If you have links of interest, please share them in comments here, or if youâ€™re a delicious user, tag them â€œgeekfeminismâ€ to bring them to our attention. Thanks to everyone who suggested links in comments and on delicious.