- From the subverting stereotypes file: In an interview with Sherry Turkle, Christine Alvarado credits playing with My Little Pony for fostering her love for mathematics… (edit: was Christine, not Sherry as I originally published. oops, sorry!)
- … And JJ explains how playing with Barbies keeps the boys at bay.
- (slightly NSFW) A computer mouse shaped like a vagina, and from the same designer menstrual pad shelves and a tampon USB drive. Amusing, but the former seems like it could reinforce the wrong ideas somewhere along the lines. What do you think?
- FOSDEM was last weekend. In related news some folks really can’t grasp simple concepts.
- After a discussion on the topic at She’s Geeky, Sarah Dopp discusses gender in forms and offers some advice.
- Signalboost: The GNOME project’s outreach programme for women contributors is kicking off for the second time. The first was back in 2006.
- Two fortnights’ worth of juicy feminist reading up at Feminist Carnivals No 12 and No 13. As always, submit this fortnight’s goodness for the next carnival.
If you have links of interest, please share them in comments here, or if youâ€™re a delicious user, tag them â€œgeekfeminismâ€ to bring them to our attention. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links in comments and on delicious.