- Sexism at Work: Young Women, NEWSWEEK and Gender: NEWSWEEK was the subject of a gender-discrimination case in 1970. Young women currently working at NEWSWEEK reflect on the case and the current state of the battle.
- Why ask for an unskilled, not-yet-involved comaintainer?: Christine Spang explores the difference between saying she's be willing to mentor someone inexperienced in Debian packaging, and saying she'd prefer to mentor someone inexperienced.
- The sorority of the Ring: Cath Elliott explores what Tolkien’s works have to offer women fans.
- New Research from ABI Highlights the Characteristics That Lead to Advancement of Technical Women: “A new research report released today by the Anita Borg Institute for Women in Technology (ABI) sheds light on the attributes of senior level technical women”
- Notes from the LibrePlanet Women’s Caucus: A point-by-point summary of the FSF Women's Caucus.
- Glamour Slam!: In response to the suvudu cagematch which had not enough women, this LiveJournal community is doing the same, but with all female characters.
- Why SXSW Sucks: Jolie O'Dell reports numerous problems with the SXSWi conference, including harassment and assault of women.
- Women of Color and Wealth â€” Starting Points and Class Jumping [Part 3]: â€œMany people think, and I might have been guilty of it, that we need $25,000 per year per student and thatâ€™s what it takes to get through college. But really itâ€™s very often $50 problems that knock them out: a car breakdown, a dental bill, a changing shift in their job. So really helping these students, as a policy matter, is a lot cheaper than people think.â€
- You Win When They Call You a Bitch: Cinnamon Cooper has a presentation up with slides. “So when youâ€™re called a bitch, instead of letting the argument get derailed, recognize that youâ€™ve outsmarted them. Reply with ‘I win! You arenâ€™t smart enough to continue the conversation, so thanks for ending it.'”
If you have links of interest, please share them in comments here, or if youâ€™re a delicious user, tag them â€œgeekfeminismâ€ to bring them to our attention. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links in comments and on delicious.