- jadelennox gives concrete ways that able-bodied people can fight ableism, on top of or instead of blogging about it.
- On that note, Anna has founded a transcripts community on Dreamwidth, for volunteers to help out with transcribing video and audio on the ‘net.
- Steph writes about working conditions and worker suicides in PRC factories that manufacture Apple products.
- Hilarity! Richie digs out an old gamer magazine introducing the “Other, Significant” monster, whose special attacks include
Withering Stare, Cell Phone, Silent Treatment, Mother-in-Law. He also has a video response (no transcript) to anti-feminist/anti-women YouTube clips.
- riko talks about 6 things that people seem to be unaware of when talking about disability with basic tenets of disability identity, in response to “disability” appearing as a prompt on a fanfic challenge
- There’s an Ask Metafilter thread about being a geek woman being bullied by another woman.
- FemaleScienceProfessor explains that that first adjective in her pseudonym is important… or that it sure has been important to her male colleagues.
If you have links of interest, please share them in comments here, or if youâ€™re a delicious user, tag them â€œgeekfeminismâ€ to bring them to our attention. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links in comments and on delicious.