- Trigger warning. Julian Assange and rape allegations: it’s everywhere. See for example our own Liz Henry’s Feminism, Assange rape charges, free speech, and Wikileaks and Leigh Honeywell’s On Consent. There’s link roundups at Hoyden About Town, Fighting With the Sky and Feministing among other places.
- Breaking: Boys and Girls Are Inherently Different, Except When Boys Prove Worse At Stuff:
And while I agree with many societal explanations for such disparities… I think it’s worth noting how rare it is for anyone to say,
Well, now that girls have been attending school on parity with boys for awhile now, we are seeing that they are actually inherently smarter than boys.
- Dot Diva: Tempting Girls Into Computer Science: Ms magazine reviews.
- Valerie Aurora will speak at your conference if it adopts an anti-harassment policy and if you cover her expenses.
- Skud’s t-shirt challenge has been met for the first time, by OSDC 2010.
- Carnivals: Down Under Feminists #31, Disability #71, Mental Health #1: Diagnosis
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the geekfeminism tag on delicious or the #geekfeminism tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.