- Railsbridge Rails Outreach Workshop for Women & Friends, Ed. EspaÃ±ol July 22-23 (San Francisco):
One of the objectives of the Rails Bridge Open Workshops is diversity, with that in mind weâ€¦ [aim] to bring more Spanish speakers into the Rails Community.
- There’s a grant open (registration and travel) for women attending PyCon AU (Sydney, August). It’s open for applications until July 8.
- Speaking of the Python community, PyLadies needs your help getting women to DjangoCon. Audrey Roy is asking for donations.
- First analysis of Google+ for journalists at risk by Danny O’Brien of the Committee to Protect Journalists.
- Nightsky at Geekachicas questions the refusal to call pagent winner Alyssa Campanella a geek:
Geeky women have always faced this double standard–that a guy geek is a geek on his say-so, but women have to prove their geek bona fides to skeptical guy geeks, see also Annalee’s comment on our last linkspam.
- Entrepreneurs Should Say No to Silicon Valley’s Bully:
This wasnâ€™t just [Michael] Arrington getting even: it was a warning to any others in the Valley not to mess with TechCrunch. If you donâ€™t give Mike dibs on writing about your companyâ€™s latest milestone, you too risk having your personal reputation publicly smeared on TechCrunchâ€¦
- A satire of exoticism-by-footnote.
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the “geekfeminism” tag on delicious, freelish.us or pinboard.in or the “#geekfeminism” tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.