- Menstrual Synchrony: Do Girls Who Go Together Flow Together?: Harriet Hall reviews the evidence that women who live together synchronise menstrual cycles, and finds it unconvincing.
- This Can’t Be Real: “Slavery The Game”:
A website has sprung up for a supposed new gaming developer called Javelin Reds Gaming. Their first title is the light-hearted (sarcasm) and family-friendly (dripping sarcasm) game entitled Slavery the Game.
- In Job Market, Social Contacts Help Men â€“ Not Women:
men who had lots of specialized work experience were often recruited into a new job through their social contacts without having to look for a job. In fact, men with this kind of experience were 12 percent more likely to find a new job through informal recruitment than they were through a formal job searchâ€¦ Women, however, did not see this benefit.
- Meredith interviews writer Marlene Dotterer.. Time travel writing, and being a woman writing science fiction.
- Less Depression for Working Moms Who Expect That They ‘Can’t Do It All’:
Working moms have lower rates of depression than their stay-at-home counterparts, but buying into the supermom myth could put working mothers at greater risk for depression.
- Trusting the girls in the back room: Imagining a writer’s mind as officeworkers.
- I, Singularity…: Elizabeth Bear discusses and critiques (partly from a feminist perspective) the pressure for science fiction authors to address the technological singularity/transhumanism/post-body, and the problems with having an idea of required subject matter for real science fiction at all.
- World of Warcraft Player v Player gaming: unsurprisingly some people think it’s only for teh menz.
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the “geekfeminism” tag on delicious, freelish.us or pinboard.in or the “#geekfeminism” tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.