- Gaming As Women’s wundergeek explains why she is a woman who games, not a gamer “girl”
- Gina Trapani at CNN: In war for talent, ‘brogrammers’ will be losers
- Why we need to keep talking about women in tech: coverage of sexist comments by the emcee at a Dell summit
- Legos, spaceships, breasts: another difference between Lego sets marketed towards boys and girls – complex construction
- Anita Sarkeesian of Feminist Frequency has a Kickstarter for here new project about Tropes vs. Women in Video Games. She met her initial goal of $6,000 in under 24 hours and has now expanded the project by 5 episodes and the goal is $15,000.
- The Mysterious Case of the Vanishing Genius: a profile of evolutionary biologist Margie Profet
- Follow up links to Straight White Male, The Lowest Difficulty Setting There Is
- Life’s ‘Lowest Difficulty Setting’: John Scalzi Explains Privilege to Nerds – an interview with John Scalzi
- “Lowest Difficulty Setting” Follow-Up - follow up from John Scalzi with some comment rebuttals
- “So What if Privilege is the Lowest Difficulty Setting?” A Response to Scalzi’s Post - addresses the “but so what should I DO???” questions being asked (whether in good faith or not.)
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the “geekfeminism” tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.
Featured Image Credit: ‘Abstract’ Chainmail – Uploaded by UCL Engineering on Flickr (CC BY 2.0)