- Look. Don’t Touch. Samsung’s New Smart TV | Design Milk : Samsung uses sexism to sell TVs
- Doing Science While Female | Science Careers : A discussion and review of Sue V. Rosser’s book “Breaking into the Lab”
- Trigger Warning! Sexual harassment in the world of video gaming : BBC article and podcast on sexual harassment in gaming, features an interview with Fat, Ugly or Slutty’s Grace and Not in the Kitchen Anymore’s Jenny Haniver
- Valley of the Dolls: Women’s Wage Woes in the Tech “Shangri-la” of Silicon Valley | Marriage 3.0 | Big Think: “The most cutting-edge place in our economy has the most retro wage gap.”
- The case for telling everyone what you make | Salon.com: “Asking the awkward question may be the first step toward solving pay discrimination”
- Role models are important | Tammy Butow: Role models needed for Go Girl in Australia
- That Condescending Feeling You Get From Dudes in the Office? Yeah, That’s Real | Jezebel : Summarizes a study from Harvard that, “found that employed husbands in traditional marriages, compared to those in modern marriages, tend to (a) view the presence of women in the workplace unfavorably, (b) perceive that organizations with higher numbers of female employees are operating less smoothly, (c) find organizations with female leaders as relatively unattractive, and (d) deny, more frequently, qualified female employees opportunities for promotion.”
- Free Sex Change (Inquire Within) : A Kickstarter RPG was offering to make backers into NPCs. They weren’t happy with preponderance of men and have put out a call to ask backers to volunteer to be represented as women.
- The Air Force’s First Female Fighter Pilot Becomes Wing Commander : Leavitt joined the Air Force after attending the University of Texas and gaining a degree in aerospace engineering. Since then she’s acquired four master’s degrees.
- Link Roundup: Hitman: Absolution Trailer : “This week has seen another round of discussion of rape culture in video games, prompted primarily by the release of a trailer for the upcoming Hitman: Absolution”
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the “geekfeminism” tag on delicious or pinboard.in or the “#geekfeminism” tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.