- blindsided: Women and high school sport before Title IX
- Atheism should be science and social justice, not science vs. social justice | Pharyngula : “if we want to expand the movement, we won’t achieve that by telling women and people of color that they need to adopt our priorities to fit in; we need to recognize that social justice, equality, and fighting economic disparities must also be a significant part of our purpose”
- Booth Babes | Anita Borg Institute for Women and Technology
- Going to the Grace Hopper women-in-tech conference? Sign up for Open Source Day!Participating projects include GNOME accessibility, Wikipedia & MediaWiki, Sahana, and more; they’ll have newbie-friendly tasks and mentors.
- Máirín Duffy’s writeups of USENIX Women in Advanced Computing 2012 Summit talks
- HOW I LEARNED TO STOP WORRYING AND LOVE RIPLEY: A FEMINIST NERD FINALLY WATCHES ALIEN
- On mocking : “The article mentions the “meritocratic nature of our community”, but it’s important to keep in mind that it’s not entirely a meritocracy, unless “merit” includes a thick skin. But there are plenty of people with otherwise good merit that choose not to be associated with (much less risk being a target of) the abuse that is often thrown around.That’s not meritocracy. It sometimes verges on bully-ocracy.”
- Artists respond to back-breaking Catwoman 0 cover “Featuring a high-angle shot of Catwoman in which her face, breasts and butt are on display at the same time (plus a single foot, for those of you who are into that), it honestly looks like DC saw Kate Beaton, Meredith Gran and Carly Monardo’s Strong Female Characters and decided they needed to get a piece of that lucrative market.”
- Response pieces to the NYTimes “men invented the internet”
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the “geekfeminism” tag on delicious, freelish.us or pinboard.in or the “#geekfeminism” tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.