- Yahoo! Appoints Marissa Mayer Chief Executive Officer / Yahoo: “Marissa is a well-known, visionary leader in user experience and product design and one of Silicon Valley’s most exciting strategists in technology development.”
- TRK – Lighten Up: “Why would I ever leave the profession where I got paid real money to do what I love? In short, I got tired of being told to ‘lighten up.'”
- Women On Top: Inappropriate Dropdowns | UX Booth: “It’s mercifully rare these days that I abandon an online form in righteous fury because the “Title” dropdown doesn’t include “Ms.” Even so, there’s often an element of sexism in these lists.”
- Make the World Better | Star Stryder: “And if you don’t know what to do, support science! Together, we can understand our universe.”
- How Kate Middleton’s Wedding Gown Demonstrates Wikipedia’s Woman Problem: “A pillar of Wikipedia is that a subject must meet a level of import to warrant an article. But the community’s geek-colored glasses mean that they may overestimate the value of some articles and underestimate that of others.”
- From the Archives: Interview with Jane of See Jane Compute – Confessions of a Science Librarian: “It is so easy, as a woman academic, to start doubting all the little and big things you’re experiencing–”is it all in my head”? Blogging helps me voice some of those experiences, positive and negative, and thus work through them. Blogging has also helped me become fearless about my work.”
- How to Kill a Troll – Incisive.nu: “Female commentators of all kinds receive these threats and relentless attacks, all aimed at scaring them into silence. This is our normal.”
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the “geekfeminism” tag on delicious or pinboard.in or the “#geekfeminism” tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).