- Marissa Mayer. Pregnant CEO. Big Whoop | Fast Company: “Like lightning heralding thunder, women and men, parenting or not, expect talking heads to stir society’s pot of unresolved family issues when a woman lands the big job.”
- The Woman Who Would Have Been Sally Ride: “If the space agency’s people should shoulder some of the blame for the sexism that kept women out of orbit, the prevailing paradigms of the era sure made it easy.”
- 17-Year-Old Girl Builds Artificial ‘Brain’ to Detect Breast Cancer: “An artificial ‘brain’ built by a 17-year-old whiz kid from Florida is able to accurately assess tissue samples for signs of breast cancer, providing more confidence to a minimally invasive procedure.”
- Marieme Jamme: Shaping Africa’s Tech Revolution: “Senegalese-born Marieme Jamme is at the forefront of the technology revolution that is slowly transforming Africa.”
- HowStuffWorks “Top 10 Things That Women Invented”: “When you compile a list of the most famous inventions of the past few centuries, few women will show up as the creators of those items. It’s not that women lack ingenuity or a creative spirit, though; it’s just that women have faced many hurdles in receiving credit for their ideas.”
- Canada’s new Starcraft II champion: “Some in the community may have found reasons to say why she doesn’t belong, but not only is Scarlett proving that she does belong, but that she can soundly kick your ass in the process.”
- Christie Koehler and Elizabeth Krumbach among O’Reilly Open Source Award winners: Of the five recipients of the O’Reilly Open Source Award at this year’s OSCON, two winners are women..
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the “geekfeminism” tag on delicious or pinboard.in or the “#geekfeminism” tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.