- [Trigger Warning] This is what it’s like to be harassed on the Internet | DC Women Kicking Ass : A summary / documentation of a long time internet stalker
- [Trigger Warning] Boundaries and The Penis Incident | explodedsoda : description of a harassment and assault incident at a party during PAX
- Oh look, it’s time to talk about gamer culture and rape culture again | the border house : A response to/deconstruction of the situation described in the previous link
- Goodbye for now | Blag Hag : Feminist atheist/skeptic blogger signing off due to concentrated harassment effort
- Asperger’s study asks: Are hackers cognitively different? | Security & Privacy – CNET News : “The researchers observed that 9 percent of attendees identified as female, yet their survey distribution focused on female attendees (and followed a strict gender binary) to place respondents’ gender ratio to a nearly even skew with 49 percent male respondents and 51 percent female. … When asked if they felt there was equal opportunity for women and other visible minorities in both work and hacker culture, 79 percent of the males said yes — while 38 percent of the women agreed.”
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the “geekfeminism” tag on delicious or pinboard.in or the “#geekfeminism” tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.