- Creating more gender balance in IT – hiring, ThoughtWorks, IT women, IT staff, IT gender balance – CIO: “We find that we need to go to them, be present at universities and talk about who we are – really building a pipeline of people.”
- Marvel Comics and Komen Variant Covers | The Mary Sue:”It’s good that somebody’s showing two examples of the peak of heroic masculinity as having a care for each other’s health, that somebody’s pointing out that breast cancer happens to dudes too, and that those dudes shouldn’t be apprehensive to take care of their own health or admit to their disease for fear of being perceived as feminine.”
- Republicans out Democrat in ‘World of Warcraft’ witch hunt – InGame on NBCNews.com: “Instead of talking about what they’re doing for Maine people, they’re making fun of me for playing video games. Did you know that more people over the age of 50 play video games than under the age of 18?”
- Harassment report at your conference: what do you do???: “If harassment is reported at your conference and you do not have a policy, it is difficult to reach consensus among conference staff that harassment is not welcome, let alone that you should respond to it, or about how you should respond.”
- Wheelchair and Scooter Hack Day | Composite: “Zach made the point right at the outset that we can think of scooter hacking as falling under two categories. The first is for comfort and repair; things that are necessary. The second category is mods and upgrades; in other words, extra fun stuff.”
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the “geekfeminism” tag on delicious or pinboard.in or the “#geekfeminism” tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.