- My Name Is Me is back: “ In recognition of all these people and their exclusion from G+ and similar social networks, MNIM is now back at mynameisme.org.”
- How to get hired as a professional developer: “I’m going to come right out and say it – coders are better than superheroes.” Includes a fantastic graphic of a female developer.
- Invisible women 2: Cognitive Surplus: “A social world based on “cognitive surplus” will be one that is not gender neutral. It will have more participation by males, and therefore will be socially skewed to the masculine — at least until we have gender parity in taking care of the home, the children, the elderly, etc. That is something that I would expect an intelligent observer of society to notice.”
- Google funds research tool for gender role analysis in TV, films: “Google granted $1.2 million to a nonprofit organization to help with gender stereotyping research in the media on Thursday, according to Google’s website for its own Global Impact Awards. The money will go toward developing a tool that will automate the process of identifying women and their actions in hundreds of hours of video.”
- Introducing the FPwomerati – By @lisang, @katrinskaya, @jilliancyork: Intersection of geekery and political punditry!
- Fake Geek Girl | DORK TOWER 04.12.12: Another great comic skewers the idea of the “fake geek girl”.
- Goodbye, Karen Berger, Please Don’t Go: A geek icon is stepping down from her post at DC’s Vertigo imprint.
- Stop Expecting Free Work from Women: “This belief that women are inconsequential and valueless is deeply, deeply wrong, and it’s dismaying to see it so casual and widespread in spaces where people should know better.”
- Why We Decided to Stop Publishing “Fan Fiction Friday”: “I know how it feels to be shamed by institutions and people who can broadcast their thoughts a lot farther than I ever could. I want io9 to be a safe space for dark satire, but I also want it to be a safe space for the little guy to dream his or her harmless, weird dreams in peace.”
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the “geekfeminism” tag on delicious or pinboard.in or the “#geekfeminism” tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.