- Men and Women Use Uptalk Differently: A Study of Jeopardy! | Sociological Images: “The punchline? Women use uptalk more frequently, but men use it as well. For men, however, uptalk signals something completely different.”
- Balance | nickd: ”Sometimes people need encouragement when they’ve been discouraged for a lot of their lives.”
- What Your Culture Really Says | Pretty Little State Machine: “Let’s examine popular startup trends that are being called “culture” and look beneath the surface to find the real culture that may be playing out beneath it.”
- Creating a Commons | Solvitur ambulando: Text of the keynote address from the code4lib 2013 library-technology conference, focuses on diversity and inclusiveness.
- Journalism, Storification, and Harassment | Critical Damage: Great post about the ethics of reporting on controversial subjects by using embedded tweets
- geek+ (with tweets) | mcdaldno: “i think a lot about geek culture. these are my thoughts on how we can improve our geek cultures and spaces. it’s also a manifesto for how i plan to act from here on out.”
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the “geekfeminism” tag on delicious or pinboard.in or the “#geekfeminism” tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.