- ‘Man Of Steel’ And How Superheroes’ Girlfriends Burned Me Out On Love Stories | ThinkProgress: “I’m so burned out on the way superhero movies treat romance that I’d actually be relieved by one that leaves out the prospect of a climactic kiss altogether.”
- Sex and Superheroines | CNN.com: “The difference, of course, is that superhero men in comics look like body builders and athletes while most female superheroes today look more like porn stars.”
- Suddenly, white people care about privacy incursions | Salon.com: “For many, government surveillance has been a regular part of life, especially since 9/11. So, why the outrage now?”
- Taking photographs of people while asleep is non-consensual and shitty, let’s not do it | Tom Morris: “Let’s stop this now. It’s souring me on technology events and the entitled fucking attitudes that it demonstrates makes me tire of the crowd of people I hang out with. I don’t really care about it for me—it’s annoying—but I do care about it because it’s the sort of attitude that keeps a lot of otherwise awesome people away from events.”
- Actually, About Half Of Gamers Are Women | Ms. Magazine: “If you watched the Microsoft Xbox One E3 press conference this past week, you may have noticed not a single featured game had a woman protagonist. If someone you know argues the reason for this is that game makers are simply reflecting a womanless market, we’re here to prove them wrong.”
- Kate Elliott on SF Civility (with tweets) | Storify by charlesatan: “Kate Elliott shares her view concerning civility in relation to the SF/F field.”
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the “geekfeminism” tag on delicious or pinboard.in or the “#geekfeminism” tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.