- Women in ICT: Perspectives and perceptions from some of Australia’s most successful female technology leaders | Deloitte: [pdf] A report based on interviews with 9 women in CIO/CEO roles in Australia.
- Why Isn’t Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) A Gateway For Coders Of Color? | BlackFemaleCoders: “On societal factors that contribute to less Blacks & Latinos in FOSS”
- [TW: Discussion of transphobic joke, real-life experiences of transphobia.] Please Stop: The Trans Joke at the Spike Video Game Awards | the border house: “Spike, do you realize what you do to people outside your target demographic when they try to engage with your work?”
- How to Fix Tech Conferences: An Introduction | shadowspar: “This is rather a big question—basically akin to “how do we eliminate sexism in society?” Conferences are a microcosm of the larger world; they transmit most of its problems and amplify some to boot. That being said, I’m certainly happy to outline what I think some reasonable starting points for allies might be.”
- Why I Care So Much About Mass Culture, Including Superhero Movies | ThinkProgress: “When more people will go see a superhero blockbuster in its opening weekend than turn on the evening news on any given night, it’s critically important to engage with the ideas that show up in mass culture, and to examine how they affect our attitudes about ourselves and each other, and how they shape the perception of America around the world.”
We link to a variety of sources, some of which are personal blogs. If you visit other sites linked herein, we ask that you respect the commenting policy and individual culture of those sites.
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the “geekfeminism” tag on pinboard.in or the “#geekfeminism” tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.