- In Google’s Inner Circle, a Falling Number of Women: “”There was a point at Google when the cadre of women leadership was pretty strong,’ said a former Google executive… ‘That has changed.’”
- 17 Women Startup Leaders Name Their Modern Day Heroines: “I decided to ask leading women in the tech startup world this simple question: What woman in tech startups do you look up to, and why? I got an immediate flood of responses from CEOs and founders who were eager to applaud and promote other women startup leaders.”
- Women Gamers: Gaslamp Games forums are amazing: “I also want to say to all of you who want a better games community, here it is. To those who wanted to see things done right, there you have it. I can’t say anymore. This is sincerely, tear-inducingly the best thing that has ever happened to me in the world of games.”
- Actress Danica McKellar Helps “Girls Get Curves”: NPR’s Science Friday talks with mathemetician Danica McKellar about her newest book, which covers geometry.
- “Genomics: the Power and the Promise” meeting – could be called “Men Studying Genomics” instead – “given that the ratio of men: women in biology is close to 1:1 this suggests to me some sort of bias. Where does this bias come from? I don’t know. Could be at the level of who gets invited. Could be at the level of who accepts. Could be some non obvious criterion for selecting speakers that leads to a bias towards men. I don’t know. But I personally think they could do better.”
- Jessica Valenti ? The Seven Stages of Feminist Grief (Todd Akin edition): Some animated GIF humor to round out your week.
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the “geekfeminism” tag on delicious or pinboard.in or the “#geekfeminism” tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.