- Women’s Information Security Scholarship: The aim of the program is to encourage women from around the world, including the UK, to undertake study in information security and eventually pursue a career in the industry. Deadline is October 3.
- Anonymous CVs will not be compulsory: a study in France finds that anonymous CVs harm disadvantaged applicants. The article speculates that anonymised CVs strip the employer of the ability to make allowances for lack of experience or non-standard French.
- Pictures of Women Fighters in Reasonable Armor. (Unsurprisingly, we’ve talked about this before.)
- Sexism, Misogyny and Misandry in Geek Cultures: Discusses how sexism (against women and men) manifests in geek culture, and how easy it is for those who think of sexism as only bullying or harassment to not see it.
- Subnormality has a comic about a woman’s dilemma deciding what to wear given the spectrum of roles clothing has (that is avoiding being read as weird, frumpy, slutty, etc).
- (Warning for apparent assailant re-telling rape as humour.) Man describes an apparent rape for comedy purposes during the audience seciont of a comedy event:
- (Warning: verbal description of rape from apparent assailant’s point of view. We’ve included the video for your reference but you may prefer to stick to the analysis links.) Original video of Asssscat 3000 (Ericâ€”identity apparently knownâ€”begins speaking at approximately 38 minutes.)
- Horrified Tumblr discussion from attendees and friends of theirs: On the Subject of Rapeâ€¦ and follow-up discussion.
- Another audience member Halle Kiefer, One Night at Asssscat, or What to Do With a Date Rape Monologue.
â€¦when the audience started booing the monologist, the storyteller turned around with a look of pure bafflement, as if he didnâ€™t understand why an auditorium of hundreds of strangers didnâ€™t like his hilarious story.
- Eric’s former employer The Second City tweets that they have referred the matter to police.
- Coverage at NPR, Jezebel.
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the “geekfeminism” tag on delicious, freelish.us or pinboard.in or the “#geekfeminism” tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.