You might have noticed we added a link at the top of the page to a calendar of upcoming events that might be of interest to geek feminists. The calendar is public so you can add it to your own Google Calendar if you like.
From time to time, we’ll also be highlighting some of them here on the blog too. The two main categories at the moment are a) women-centric geek events, and b) events seeking women speakers. If you’re a conference organiser and would like to reach out to women to submit proposals, feel free to let us know and we’ll add your event’s CFP deadline to the calendar. The same goes for anyone organising women-centric geek events: let us know and we’ll make sure you’re listed.
So, without further ado, some upcoming events around the world include:
- Vividcon, a convention for fan vidders, will be occuring in Chicago, Illinois, USA this weekend (Aug 14-16). Wish I was there!
- Women In Technology International (WITI) will be having a networking social event in Los Angeles, California, USA on August 27th.
- Women 2.0 is running a Startup Weekend on August 28-30 in Silicon Valley, California, USA.
- There’s a Girl Geek Dinner on the Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia, on September 9th.
- Ohio Linux Fest‘s Diversity in Open Source (DIOS) workshop, September 27th in Columbus, Ohio, USA (whole conference is 25-27)
- Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing, September 30th – October 3rd in Tucson, Arizona, USA.