- Clara Raubertas has a wrap-up of the women-in-Free-Software focussed talks and events at the Free Software Foundation’s LibrePlanet 2010.
- Richie is highly critical of an look-a-unicorn-in-wargaming entry at Bell of Lost Souls and goes on to be horrified at gamers patting themselves on the back for ignoring racism
- Revenge of the Nerds: Fighting Sexism at Tech Events: imperfect (blames women for SXSWi being less technical? wtf?) but interesting article by Wendy Norris nonetheless
- Culture and children remain biggest barriers to women in tech: *HEADDESK*. Chris O’Brien, one-time stay-at-home father, is reminded that it’s so often mothers that have to plan and shuttle around children.
- Erin Robinson is over being asked about women in game development
- Women, Stop Saying You Hate Math: A good post and interesting comment thread on gender and math!
- Bias Called Persistent Hurdle for Women in Sciences: Teaching girls about how stereotypes affect performance, the report found, can diminish such effects.
- Rosalie Marshall wants to combat misconceptions of tech careers, in order to stop the fall in European women choosing them
- Know it All programmable felted bag: Knitty Spring+Summer 2010: Awesomely nerdy, maker-y bag made of felting and and Arduino Lilypad to create a row counter system IN THE BAG
If you have links of interest, please share them in comments here, or if youâ€™re a delicious user, tag them â€œgeekfeminismâ€ to bring them to our attention. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links in comments and on delicious.