- John Scalzi’s post on the failure mode of “clever” is “asshole” seems awfully obvious given the number of really appallingly terrible pickup lines that people’ve tried to use on me as a geek woman. Just saying.
- Internet Trolls to Real-Life Stalkers: Ashelia recounts a World of Warcraft guild member who came to visit and express his misogyny personally.
- Damn Yâ€™all White Wolf: kaninchenzero writes about developing a disabled character in White Wolf's Exalted, and issues around using the Flaw system (related to a Ask a Geek Feminist question we had a while back).
- The GNOME Foundation has released speaker conduct guidelines, which mjg59 reviews.
- Daniel Hemmens is dismayed by the novel Retribution Falls‘ misogyny and lack of insight (note, plot spoilers at link), and despairs of its shortlisting for the Arthur C. Clarke award.
- Vibrators: Just One Reason We Need Women in Technology:
Suki Dunham, combined her very personal experiences with sex toys and years of working for Apple in marketing into this sensational â€œacsexsoryâ€œ.
- Enough about fire, letâ€™s talk about the â€œempoweredâ€ bit.: Empowered Fire explains why they do feminist blogging about World of Warcraft.
If you have links of interest, please share them in comments here, or if youâ€™re a delicious user, tag them â€œgeekfeminismâ€ to bring them to our attention. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links in comments and on delicious.