- The Sims Just Did This Totally Racist Thing:
In the newest town, there is a black family with a single mom of two sons who has worked her way up by being a cook… I’d be willing to give it a pass if it didn’t involve every stereotype possible.
- Courtney Stoker is looking for suggestions about forums she can visit to study gender and geek spaces on the Internet.
- The WoW funeral raid – four years later:
Once Alliance guild Serenity Now got word of the event, they decided to crash the Horde e-Funeral… But rules were broken on that day, social rules that fall outside the artificial boundaries of “in-game” rules.(‘ware problematic comparison of antisocial behaviour to “savages”.)
- Moose J. Finklestein, member #2 of the League of Professional System Administrators (LOPSA), talks about sexism in LOPSA and her actions against it, together with pushback: The Comment I Regret Deleting, and, Sexism In LOPSA (pt 1), Random Complaints == You Have Ruined Our Org – Sexism in LOPSA (Pt 2).
- Brianna Laugher hosted a Wikichix lunch at the Wikimania conference, a “Wikiguys” lunch was announced in reaction.
If you have links of interest, please share them in comments here, or if you’re a delicious user, tag them “geekfeminism” to bring them to our attention. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links in comments and on delicious.