- Chemistry and danger and pretty colours! All the ingredients of the perfect geek hobby. Have you seen Lauredhel’s series on soapmaking? The Setup, The Making, The Day After, Finis. She also runs a community for soapers on Dreamwidth.
- This isn’t exactly geeky, unless you think politics are geeky, but since slut-shaming happens all over (including to many geeky women), you might find it interesting to hear Krystal Ball’s way of handling the scandal/attack thrust up on her, see also Valerie Aurora’s Making politics safe for the Internet generation.
- Mlawski has a Female Character Flowchart: your simple guide to producing Hollywood-friendly female characters. (Via Sociological Images)
- Penny Arcade Markets Rape Culture:
As it turns out, Penny Arcade is now selling a
dickwolvest-shirt. Yes, Penny Arcade exploited rape culture for a cheap joke in August, and is now set to sell t-shirts glorifying rape culture.
- More The Social Network reviews: Tiferet, Amanda Marcotte (our discussion thread is still open for discussion on this site)
If you have links of interest, please share them in comments here, or if you’re a delicious user, tag them “geekfeminism” to bring them to our attention. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links in comments and on delicious.