Technically, one can donate to the scholarship fund at any time. But today is the last day that one can buy tickets to win an eReader or an autographed copy of the Dark Matter anthology while simultaneously supporting the scholarship. In lieu of giving you a long-winded plea for participation and money, I’m going to linkspam you a bit.
- Here’s where you can go to learn about the Carl Brandon Society, the Butler Scholarship, the drawing rules, and information about the eReaders on offer.
- Note that the eReaders (Nook, Kobo, and Alex) will also come pre-loaded with fiction, poetry and essays by many writers of color. Want the full list? Click here.
- Need more reasons to convince you that supporting this cause is a good thing? Here’s 5.
- Jeff Vandermeer is doing it, Nicola Griffith is doing it, Jha is doing it, you should, too! (peer pressure!)
- It costs a lot to go to Clarion. Click here to see how much.
- Buy some tickets. Support some writers. Invest in the future of SF/F/H literature if for no other reason than helping to ensure there will continue to be more of it you’ll want to read.