- (Trigger warning for ‘net harassment.) Surprise surprise, it turns out that if you describe harassment and don’t name the harasser, you get criticised a lot too! Silencing, coming to a cinema near you. Daddy Blogger Skeeves Out Mommy Bloggers, Starts Flame-War.
- And in response to the comments on the above link Catherine critiques the commenters indulging in another round of sneering at mommy bloggers and their “dramas” (that is, victimisation by harassers).
- Where Are All The Atheist Women? Same place all the women bloggers are hiding, I guess!
- Help Fast Company Find the Most Influential Women In Tech 2011. Or perhaps they could look at existing lists?
- The Royal Society’s lost women scientists:
A study of the Royal Society’s archives reveals that women played a far more important role in the development and dissemination of science than had previously been thought
- Rock Stars Vs Cheerleaders:scicurious questions the Science Cheerleaders and whether scientists and rock stars do much for science by hanging out in GQ.
- Why There Are So Few Women in Tech – BusinessWeek: How does telling your board you're pregnant go down?
- Stung by gender bias, author Tawni O’Dell stings back: Oh yeah, even in book publishing the bigotry lives.
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the geekfeminism tag on delicious or the #geekfeminism tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.