- Want to do some background reading in 2011? Check A Year of Feminist Classics. January’s books are A Vindication of the Rights of Women (Mary Wollestonecraft) and So Long a Letter (Mariama Ba)
The Intrepid Girlbot Â· Guest comic by Tom Siddell: even a metallic skin doesn’t stop the pain.Sorry, this link appears to have been taken down soon after we posted. It got moved here!
- The Multiplier Effect of 10,000 Women:
Since graduating from the program in February 2009 (a total 119 fellow women entrepreneurs have graduated since its September 2008 launch in Rwanda), Christine’s business has increased profits, expanded into Tanzania and soon plans to venture into the Kenyan market.
- Game design: so easy to design women characters: just add boobs! (Via Kotaku)
- Question on Quora: how can I find a female engineer to join my startup? (part of the answer is, Why do you want one, precisely?)
- BioWare on Racial Diversity in Dragon Age 2:
Why is he the voice of Dragon Age 2? He’s quickly turned me from a Bioware fangirl into someone who is quite hesitant to spend another dime on a Bioware game.
- An end of year farewell: the FWD (feminists with disabilities) for a way forward blog ended on January 1. Check their recommended reading posts for some of the highlights. Mary has an appreciation thread at Hoyden About Town.
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the geekfeminism tag on delicious or the #geekfeminism tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.