- Narrow the Gapp: “a single-serving web site which displays the pay gap between men and women on average across over 100 occupations in the United States.” Source code available on GitHub.
- Mobile World Congress exhibitor CBOSS kicked out of the trade show, probably because delegates were offered a “romantic dinner” with “champagne, caviar and a beautiful girl” if they came to a business meeting.
- “The Kingdom of the Blind“: a short science fiction story by Maureen McHugh from the perspective of a marginalized female programmer.
- Discussion about the sexism women experience at ICANN conferences: recent commentary, roundup.
- Women’s history at Wikipedia: an interview.
- You may have heard about the kerfuffle over Boston’s API Jam, which advertised Women Serving You Beer as a perk of their event, got called out and lost a bunch of sponsors. Techladymafia has a summary of the story and recommendations for not being Those Guys.
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the “geekfeminism” tag on delicious or pinboard.in or the “#geekfeminism” tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.