- Most Gamers Cool with Same-Sex Themes – IGN : “Seven in ten gamers are happy to see same-sex issues and themes in games, according to a new survey.”
- The pseudo-science and pseudo-feminism of Women Don’t Ask : A little older than our typical links, but a really thorough analysis of a too oft repeated argument
- An apology for a mistake I never made : janeylicious’s reply to [Warning: anti-feminist] An open Letter to Women in Tech
- The Big Idea: Michelle Sagara : New YA book about the *nice* girls, for once.
- Hack’n Jill, June 15 and 16 in New York, USA: A hackathon with 50 men and 50 women… “Hack’n Jill believes that diverse teams of men and women create the best products.”
- Not Every Woman Gets Empowered: A Response To “In Defense of Slave Leia” : another thoughtful unpacking of the “Slave Leia is empowering!” argument
- Speak Up, Silicon Valley : “Speaking up when you see someone else wronged sends a powerful message. It simultaneously demonstrates the wrongheadedness of the action to the perpetrator while showing support to the wronged party.”
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the “geekfeminism” tag on delicious or pinboard.in or the “#geekfeminism” tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.
Featured Image Credit: ‘Links by Clips’ by RambergMediaImages (Keith Ramsey) on Flickr (CC BY-SA 2.0)