Our link wranglers found so many this week, we made it a two-parter.
- Yes, there is a rape culture in gaming – so let’s do something positive | Atomic Mobile Edition : “It’s time to make a difference. Let’s admit the issue, and move on to make games and gaming a truly safe and universal place for everyone.”
- The Guy’s Guide to Being a Feminist Ally in Video Gaming | ThinkProgress : “if you’ve ever wanted to call out sexism in video games but weren’t sure how to start the conversation or how to make sure it would be productive, here’s the collective wisdom of the internet.”
- [Trigger warning] Rape Culture In Gaming | shattersnipe: malcontent & rainbows: “an explanation of rape culture tailored specifically to gaming”
- [Trigger warning] Lara Croft Reboot: Vulnerability Galore! | the border house : “Now, in 2012, Tomb Raider has another reboot that attempts to make Lara realistic through… vulnerability?”
- [Trigger warning] The All-Too-Familiar Harassment Against Feminist Frequency, and What the Gaming Community Can Do About It – from The Mary Sue
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the “geekfeminism” tag on delicious or pinboard.in or the “#geekfeminism” tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.