- My way of stopping sexist guys in online games: “No one makes a kitchen joke on my gaming turf!”
- Katie William on PR Sexism at E3: I Can Be Just As Capable. Let Me. and her follow-up piece, in response to the Internet storm: Standing up for myself
- Breaking All the Rules: Cosplay and the Art of Self-Expression “Ever since then, I’ve waited for more cosplay photobooks to hit the shelves, but it hasn’t really happened. So I’m doing it myself!”
- Geek Culture Wants a Cookie & A Pat on the Head for Not Creating Kim Kardashian « The Quixotic Autistic: “Images like this seem to set up a dichotomy, where you are either a tough warrior woman, or a passive, overly sexual tart, with no in between or chance to go by your own rules.”
- The Rise of Ripley: Gender and ‘Alien’ | www.ctzine.com: “In such a way, Ripley prevails by avoiding the fatal flaws of her contemporaries, marking her as the only character worthy of survival.”
- This is not a girl thing | Em’s place: “Science is just as exciting as make-up?”
- Call for Presentations for JSConf EU: This Call for Presentations closes on July 15th!
- Vote now: The most influential women in UK IT: Computer Weekly wants your help in selecting the winners.
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the “geekfeminism” tag on delicious or pinboard.in or the “#geekfeminism” tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.