- Woman Behind ‘Centipede’ Recalls Game Icon’s Birth: “I always thought it was really beautiful, like a shimmering jewel when you walked into the arcade”
- Seventeen Magazine Says No More Photoshop, Courtesy of the Work of a Fourteen Year Old Girl | The Mary-Sue: “We are still obviously in the early stages of this declaration–and as such there is no way as of yet to hold them to their promises–but it certainly feels like a win to me.”
- Scholarship for Women | iOS DevCamp: “We strive to provide a good, safe environment for anyone to attend, learn, and succeed. To improve on our own track record, we again reach out to our extended family.”
- You Say You’re a Woman? That Should Be Enough: “The International Olympic Committee’s new policy governing sex verification is expected to ban women with naturally high testosterone levels, a condition known as hyperandrogenism, from women’s competitions, claiming they have an unfair advantage.”
- Petition Demands Female Jarheads in Aliens: Colonial Marines | The Escapist: “After all, if females were rocking smartguns and driving dropships 25 years ago, why would Gearbox exclude them now?”
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the “geekfeminism” tag on delicious, freelish.us, or pinboard.in, or the “#geekfeminism” tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.