- Why We Judge Sexual Harassment Victims, PLUS The Time I Got Drive-By Oinked At | xoJane: “Because we believe that we’d aggressively defend ourselves when harassed, we tend to look down on those who do not, arguing that people contribute to their own victimization by not being more assertive.” Interesting implications for conventions. Include discussion of and link to study: Double Victimization in the Workplace: Why Observers Condemn Passive Victims of Sexual Harassment
- The Border House Wants You (to write for us!) | the border house: “We are in desperate need of new writers here, to liven up the space, bring some fresh perspectives, and increase our coverage of a wider variety of issues. Please, will you consider?”
- Sotomayor tells Sesame Street: ‘Pretending to be a princess is fun, but it is definitely not a career’ | The Raw Story: “Supreme Court Justice Justice Sonia Sotomayor offered some real talk to to Sesame Street character Abby about princesses and careers.”
- A Urine Powered Generator | Maker Fair Africa: “Possibly one of the more unexpected products at Maker Faire Africa this year in Lagos is a urine powered generator, created by four girls.”
- DC Announces Katatna Will Get Her Own Title; Here’s Why You Should Care | The Mary Sue: One reason among several: “this is only the third time in the history of American superhero comics that DC has had a woman of color with her own ongoing series”
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the “geekfeminism” tag on delicious or pinboard.in or the “#geekfeminism” tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.