- Trigger Warning Games Imitating Life: Rape Culture In MMORPGs? | the border house: “I bring all this up because of a scene that was roleplayed out one day in a tavern.”
- BBC celebrates Doctor Who’s musical genius | The Independent: “Working from 1963 to 1972 for the Radiophonic Workshop, a unit created to provide sound effects and music for programming across the BBC, Derbyshire was responsible for many of the futuristic sounds that were to fill living rooms across the nation. She and fellow Radiophonic colleagues were denied credit for their work because the BBC deemed them to be “engineers”.”
- Comic-book superheroine Cat aims to see off gender stereotypes | Books | guardian.co.uk: “I looked around at the room full of young women – so smart, determined, keen and committed – and remembered that in the original comic, Batgirl was meant to be a PhD student. Why do we never see women like this in comics – women who are normal, likeable and just really, really clever?”
- Warning: descriptions of verbal abuse and manipulation This is what happens to women on the Internet | The Accidental Beard: “Yesterday I was enjoying some delicious brunch when I overheard one of the women sharing our table tell her friends about her experience at a bar the previous night.”
- Genderswap, Cosplay, and Harassment | Backup Ribbon Project: “But then he took it one step further and wanted to see what it would be like for him, as a man who did not think of himself as a sexual icon, to genderswap cosplay a character that IS one.”
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the “geekfeminism” tag on delicious or pinboard.in or the “#geekfeminism” tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.