- Donkey Kong “Girls Can Save The Day Too!” Edition made by father for his little hero princess | Plan8 Media: Dad hacks Donkey Kong so the girl saves Mario.
- Meet the First Female Comic Book Artist to Draw Batman | Oprah.com: “Holy female perspective, Batman! How comic book artist Becky Cloonan is shaking up the industry.”
- Women in science: Women’s work | Nature: “A special section of Nature finds that there is still much to do to achieve gender equality in science.”
- Justly Unequal | The Caravan: The unlikely history of our greatest delusion [meritocracy]
- Finally, a tablet simple enough for a woman to use | Ars Technica: O hai pinkwashing.
- “That May Sound Sexist,” Says Guy Who Won’t Hire Women | Lowering the Bar: That may sound sexist, because it is!
- WTF MIT MEDIA LAB?!?!? | Adeline Koh: Wristbands at South by SouthWest. Misogyny at its crassest.
- Rejoicing for the Return of Community, NBC’s Subversive Feminist Sitcom | Bitch Media: “Community reminds us that the images and stereotypes on which TV relies are ridiculous, and finds its humor in such images’ absurd departures from lived reality.”
- I Married A Fake Geek Girl; A Defense of Casual Fandom | Apex Magazine: “Oh, in case you hadn’t guessed, this whole fake geek girl thing pisses me right the fuck off. So does the idea that only those who are hardcore fans of something can be considered to be TRUE GEEKS. Seriously people, cut that out.”
- Medical research has focused on males | SFGate: “We don’t study females,” her professor said. “Their menstrual cycles would mess up our results.”
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the “geekfeminism” tag on delicious or pinboard.in or the “#geekfeminism” tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.