- Hyper Mode: Anita Sarkeesian And The Trouble With Magic Bullets | Paste: “The trouble with Anita Sarkeesian is that somewhere along the line, I think some of us forgot that she doesn’t have to speak for all of us—least of all for every woman in the games industry, press, development or otherwise.”
- Waunakee woman helps direct Mars rover | Wisconsin State Journal: “The researcher was the lead author of a just-released article in the journal Science regarding the team’s discovery of water evidence on the planet.”
- Women, Action, & the Media: Facebook responds: In a statement released today, Facebook addressed our concerns and committed to evaluating and updating its policies, guidelines and practices relating to hate speech, improving training for its content moderators and increasing accountability for creators of misogynist content.
- Wait…What Did He Say? | Digital Noms: “That’s right, he told me that because women in the military are not a large enough demographic how we feel about how we are depicted in games, movies and comics does not matter. We do not matter. This from the mouth of someone who works in the industry, who isn’t some 80-year-old dinosaur (I am pretty sure he is younger than me. I am in my 30s.)”
- The Unexotic Underclass | The MIT Entrepreneurship Review: One woman’s description (from a very privileged point of view) of a reality that is seldom noticed and almost never incorporated into the mainstream narrative in the U.S.
- Two Fundraisers:
- App Camp For Girls | Indiegogo: “Help us launch a non-profit organization! At camp, girls learn how to brainstorm, design, and build iPhone apps, working with women developers and designers.”
- Catapult – Fighting everyday sexism: “For every woman who writes her experience on the Everyday Sexism Project, we’re using the knowledge she shares to change things. Because our voices are loudest when we raise them together.”
- Two podcasts:
- 107 RR Impostor Syndrome with Tim Chevalier | Ruby Rogues: Podcast round table on imposter syndrome (includes transcription)
- Episode 1: Pilot | This Week in Ladies: Podcast covering comics
- Tech Companies That Only Hire Men: Tumblr collecting job ads that only use “he”.
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the “geekfeminism” tag on delicious or pinboard.in or the “#geekfeminism” tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.