- Can the Gamification of Female Masturbation Remove Its Social Stigma? | GCo: “HappyPlayTime is a pet project by designer Tina Gong that seeks to rebrand the entire concept of female masturbation through education and light-hearted games. The game is a mobile app currently in development that will teach female anatomy and provide lessons on masturbation techniques through a number of minigames. At the heart of all this is HPT’s mascot: the pink, fleshy, and gleeful personification of a vagina.”
- Trans and a Gamer Girl | ggvogue: ““What is it like for you being a Trans gamer?” The answer is pretty simple. It is just like being any other gamer. I get a little nervous before a big tournament; calm when I see old friends and make new ones. I am elated when I win matches and down when I lose close ones. The only difference? I probably think about gender a little more than you do.”
- Google exec to girls: Tech needs you | CNN World Girl Rising: “Google executive Susan Wojcicki writes an open letter to girls of the world…”We simply can’t afford for the future of technology not to represent women,” she says.”
- Supporting 477 women in open source through GitHub and Ada Initiative partnership | The Ada Initiative: “When the Ada Initiative partnered with GitHub to give away free private source code repositories to women learning open source software, we thought maybe a few dozen people would take us up on the offer. 6 weeks later, we’ve given away 477 free private repositories!”
- [Trigger warning (harassment)] The Creepy Side Of E3 | Kotaku: “E3 is the busiest time to be working in the games industry or as a reporter covering the scene. It’s the biggest, most important event of the year. But with roughly 50,000 attendees, it’s also sometimes the creepiest.”
- [Trigger Warning] Winners can’t be victims, or victims can’t be winners? | The Hand Mirror: “There has been a lot of discussion on gaming and feminist sites around the rape joke at Microsoft’s E3 Reveal. I have a few points I want to make.”
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the “geekfeminism” tag on delicious or pinboard.in or the “#geekfeminism” tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.