- There’s No Excuse for Misogyny in Space: “if you are creating original characters in 2013 for an original film set in the future you have absolutely no excuse for misogyny.” Particularly refers to Riddick.
- Mapping the Seafloor: In the Footsteps of Marie Tharp: The story of a pioneer in marine exploration.
- Finding Out You’re a Sexist, Misogynistic, Homophobic, Classist, Racist Asshole and Hypocrite: A guide to not making the story all about you.
- Why I’m Never Going Back to Penny Arcade Expo: [Trigger warning for sexual assault, particularly in the comments] “Being an adult is about recognizing that the right to say something doesn’t make it okay to say. It’s about recognizing that you are not the only person with feelings and opinions. It’s about understanding power differentials and the difference between criticism and bullying, and learning to examine and be accountable for your own actions and their consequences. It’s about caring more about not harming other people than about whether their subsequent upset inconveniences you. It’s about being decent as well as being right.”
- Women, Cars, Sports and Computers: “…most women avoid programming for the same reasons that most men avoid washing machines: because they are expected to.”
- That’s It — I’m Finished Defending Sexism In Tech: A former brogrammer-apologist changes her views.
- The End of Kindness: Weev and the Cult of the Angry Young Man: [Trigger warning for sexual assault and threats] “How internet abuse works: she displeases him and he tries to punish her.”
- We Have Always Coded: “Why are there so few male programmers? Evolution.”
- Douchebag Decree: DC Comics: DC Comics’ continued missteps earn them a low honour.
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the “geekfeminism” tag on pinboard.in or the “#geekfeminism” tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.