- Outgrowing the Penny Arcade generation | Polygon: Tycho, Gabe and the story of a generation of men
- difference, games and class: The hidden costs of being in even the indie games industry are non-trivial, particularly for those already struggling. A talk from No Show Conference.
- 6 Sexist Video Game Problems Even Bigger Than the Breasts: “The physical character design can obviously be sexist – in fact, that’s usually its entire job – but often it’s the narrative structures that wrap the player in a matrix of sexism”
- Girls Can’t Code: A father teaches his four year old daughter computer literacy and coding.
- [TRIGGER WARNING: cartoonish but violent reference to Trayvon Martin case] WHITE GUY DEFENSE FORCE GO!: A comic on the defence of white males. “Happens every time I use the ‘R’ word”.
- Manic Pixel Dream Girl: A four-part series of comics about growing up as a videogame-playing girl.
- how to blog about code and give zero fucks: “Your slightly confused and defensive developer community needs you to blog more. Please please please please. And if you are like, “I give zero fucks about what those people need, I need to get off work at six and build charming birdhouses or customize my bicycle or something,” the best part is giving zero fucks is totally fine.” [Warning: continual swearing]
- Princess Leia still waiting for the force to come her way: Since the Force was also strong in Leia, how come she never got to save the galaxy?
- The Brogrammer as a Free Speech Martyr: “The tech world produces a lot of genuine rebels. Pax Dickinson isn’t one of them.”
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the “geekfeminism” tag on pinboard.in or the “#geekfeminism” tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.