- It’s Dangerous to Go Alone: Battling the Invisible Monsters in Tech | Julie Pagano: Video and transcript of Julie Pagano’s talk on impostor syndrome
- Swedish cinemas take aim at gender bias with Bechdel test rating | The Guardian: “The A rating is the latest Swedish move to promote gender equality by addressing how women are portrayed in the public sphere.”
- we need more minority devs.. in corner offices | totes profesh: “We’re real good about pulling together to try and get more diverse people into our field, but we suck at doing the things that keep them here. More and more, I feel like the core of that second part lies in recognition and having somewhere to advance to.”
- [Trigger Warning] Drinkups Are Rape Culture | Medium | betsythemuffin: “A culture of constant, casual pressure on boundaries is a culture where consent is not taken seriously. This is toxic in itself.”
- Values Towards Ethical and Radical Management | Medium | Shanely: “Beliefs, attitudes, aspirations, and values for managers. Build teams that are safe, healthy, productive and resilient; build management that is humane, ethical and anti-oppression.”
- Eric Ries: “All the best stories are not necessarily told by white men” | pandodaily: “Forty percent of the speakers are women and 30 percent are people of color”
- Four steps to put an end to all-male panels at conferences | The Guardian: “It is a myth that it is impossible to find good women willing to speak at events. We need to do better – starting with eradicating the idea of ‘tokenism’, and being upfront about our goal.”
We link to a variety of sources, some of which are personal blogs. If you visit other sites linked herein, we ask that you respect the commenting policy and individual culture of those sites.
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the “geekfeminism” tag on pinboard.in or the “#geekfeminism” tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.