- The Business Benefits of Gender Diversity | Gallup Business Journal: “The study of more than 800 business units from two companies representing two different industries — retail and hospitality — finds that gender-diverse business units have better financial outcomes than those dominated by one gender”
- The Male Gazed | MODEL VIEW CULTURE: Surveillance, Power, and Gender
- #DearAzure, Who thought this was a clever branding idea? | @kennwhite: sexist and agist ad
- medievalpoc and critical archive production as spectacle (featuring a rumination on images of women in computing) | Difference Engines: “The public (including my) view of medieval Europe is so whitewashed, that simply the presence proof — the image — is compelling. This is the kind of text that circulates well through the dashboards of tumblr — the colorful image that catches your attention as you casually scroll scroll scroll. Once she has you, then the second argument — that people of color were actually erased follows on.”
- Who Gets To Be A Superhero? Race And Identity In Comics | codeswitch | npr: “People often compare today’s civil rights movements with the black civil rights movement, and while there may be similarities and echoes, there are just as many substantial differences. We can look for patterns without drawing equivalences.”
- On Media – Or, Why Isn’t There a Jezebel/Hairpin for WOC | storify by Racilicious: Awesome analysis from Latoya
We link to a variety of sources, some of which are personal blogs. If you visit other sites linked herein, we ask that you respect the commenting policy and individual culture of those sites.
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the “geekfeminism” tag on pinboard.in or the “#geekfeminism” tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.