- Support for Black Humanity in Tech by Anonymous Author | Model View Culture (December 9): “I condemn the culture that has no problem acknowledging and using my labor, but would not support my fight for my humanity.”
- Ouroboros Outtakes: The Circle Was Never Unbroken by Sydette Harry | Model View Culture (December 8): “This is the year that social media has really stepped into its power.”
- Diversity for Sale by Anonymous Author | Model View Culture (December 5): “When it comes to diversity in tech, things are changing. As with almost every other subject, people are ready to “disrupt”… and turn a profit.”
- 19 Science-Fiction And Fantasy Novels By Women Of Color You Must Read | Buzzfeed (December 7): “Tired of seeing women of color underrepresented in mainstream sci-fi and fantasy? Check out this list:” [yes, these last two links are next to each other on purpose]
- A Feminist Critique of Silicon Valley | MIT Technology Review (December 9): “Shanley Kane challenges the assumptions and practices of the tech industry.”
- Parable of the Polygons – a playable post on the shape of society by vi hart and nicky case (December 8): “This is a story of how harmless choices can make a harmful world.”
- Page: How I sanitized the feminist outrage over the Montreal massacre | Ottawa Citizen (December 6): “They weren’t killed for being daughters or girlfriends, but because they were capable women in a male-dominated field.
- Why Tamora Pierce Should Be Hollywood’s Favorite Author Right Now | io9 (November 18): “Pierce has two universes ripe for the adapting: Tortall and the Circle novels.”
- New comedy web-series called “Black Feminist Blogger.” (December 9): “Black Feminist Blogger is a new indie comedy web-series created by Aph Ko [Aphrodite Kocięda].”
- Damsels Not-So-In-Distress | Geekology Magazine (December 4): Geek Anthro writer @JuJuJiving was featured in @Geekology_Mag this month on sexism in comics
- STEM: Women Are All Over It – #thatothershirt | Kickstarter: “STEM: Women Are All Over It” T-Shirt has raised over $16,000 in six days. Check it out!
- Einstein’s advice to Marie Curie on dealing with trolls: “Don’t read that hogwash” | Vox (December 6): “Way back in 1911, in fact, Albert Einstein was giving Marie Curie advice on how to deal with them, as astrobiologist David Grinspoon recently discovered in a huge trove of new Einstein letters put online this week.”
- Tech Under The Tree: 25 Engineering, Technology, & Math Toys for Mighty Girls | A Mighty Girl (December 7): Gift ideas
- Tech’s Male ‘Feminists’ Aren’t Helping – The Daily Beast (December 8): “Feminism is more fashionable than ever. Too bad the tech industry’s male leaders are jumping on the bandwagon for their own good instead of the good of their female colleagues.”
We link to a variety of sources, some of which are personal blogs. If you visit other sites linked herein, we ask that you respect the commenting policy and individual culture of those sites.
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the “geekfeminism” tag on Pinboard, Delicious or Diigo; or the “#geekfeminism” tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.