- Engendering Change? Gender Advocacy in Open Source | Culture Digitally : A response to a recent New Media & Society article, “‘Patches don’t have gender’: What is not open in open source software”, by Dawn Nafus.
- @kierstenwhite : On gender in Pixar’s Brave.
- TV Tropes Restores Rape Tropes, but Disturbing Questions Remain | The Mary Sue : A summary of the recent goings ons with the Rape Tropes pages at TV Tropes.
- [Trigger warning] The R Word | The Escapist : A very personal story about the impact of a word.
- GF contributor brainwane gave a keynote at Open Source Bridge on “Be Bold: An Origin Story”, about her childhood and family experiences and how they contributed to her open source work. You can read the text of the talk, or view the video footage.
- Just a Little Lovin’ 2012 | Gaming As Women : A report from the Scandinavian larp “Just a Little Lovin’”, about when AIDS hit NYC in the early 80s. “The game managed to not only attract experienced LARPers, but also HIV activists, HIV-positive people, LGBT activists, and cultural workers from all over the world.”
- Know Your Lore: What exactly is up with women in Warcraft lore? | joystiq : it’s not that women don’t exist in the Warcraft universe — they’re all over the place, honestly. It’s that there is only a handful worth of them that have enough character development and story to warrant dedicating a column to them. To which I say wait a minute, what is up with that?
- Let’s get louder : Python devs pledge to only attend conferences with anti-harrassment and anti-discrimination policies
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the “geekfeminism” tag on delicious, freelish.us or pinboard.in or the “#geekfeminism” tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.